Sunday, July 29, 2012

Shorts Craze.

As I promised, I will post this weekend! I have about two more coming up soon. woot woot.
Okay, so recently, I have been really obsessed with shorts. Whatever month it is in the Philippines, it is always summer because of the heat. Especially in UP, where there is usually no airconditioning in the classrooms, like in FA. So I barely wear jeans--it is way too hot for that.
But because I always wear shorts, it is so difficult because I don't have a lot of pairs. And recently, I have been wanting unique pairs--with all these patterns and designs to spice up my outfits.

(all photos taken from polyvore.com and tumblr.com)

1. Aztec prints
MOTO Aztec hotpants from Topshop

Another thing I really love is aztec. I love the uniqueness of the prints and also how it's so fun to pair things with. These two shorts, in particular, though, are black and white aztec prints, so it's actually easier to pair as compared to the really colorful aztec prints.

2. Flag prints

MOTO Flag print denim hotpants from Topshop

MOTO stars and stripes hotpants from Topshop

Dark denim flag print hotpants from Topshop

Okay, so it's probably pretty clear by now that I absolutely love shorts from Topshop. Ahahaha. Just like the way I love skirts from Forever21, the most.
Anyway. Absolutely love flag prints! I also love how they're different types of prints on every pair, they don't all look the same, despite it being the same flag.


3. Half-prints

MOTO bleach crochet hotpants from Topshop

MOTO contrast stud hotpants from Topshop

Black high waist crochet short from Miss Selfridge

MOTO crochet hotpants from Topshop
Okay, so I made the name up myself, "Half-prints" basically because they are half-printed! Haha. I absolutely LOVE this style, I seriously wish I had shorts like these. The cool thing about this style is that you can actually do it yourself at home! Just get an interesting pattern and then sew it over half of the shorts. dsklfjksdljfsdf love love love

4. Peekin' Pockets

Pastel aztec pocket denim shorts from Own the Runway

American flag denim short from Own the Runway

Yes, I made up the name yet again. HAHA. But seriously. My biggest issue with these shorts is that whenever I find a pair where the pockets are seen, the length of the shorts are waaaaaay too short. And I never want to wear shorts that are way too short, you know. Luckily, these pairs are actually more decent than the ones I usually see. Because I really like this style.

5. Solid colors




Of course, solid colored shorts are a must because they're the easiest to pair things with. And it makes an outfit more unique as compared to regular denim shorts. These are the colors I really like the most. I have a bold blue one, but that's the only solid-colored paired one I have.

6. Denim

Denim shorts from Modekungen.se

Basic denim shorts from Pull & Bear

Soul cal deluxe ripped hotpants

The second pair, I love the most because it's clean and simple. It's the most appropriate looking denim shorts because it has a clean cut, simple design. Love it. And the first and last are distressed, what I love. huhuhuhu

7. Belted/Paperbag shorts

Petite green suedette shorts from Miss Selfridge


PU trim suedette shorts from Miss Selfridge

Multicolored flower print paperbag waistband shorts from Topshop

I absolutely love this style. This is actually the most "formal" style of shorts. Because you know, usually you don't wear shorts to a formal event, because they're known for more casual days. But pair these with a nice blouse, and fancy jewelry and you're good to go.

8. Other prints (stripes, floral, etc.)

MOTO blush stripe hotpants from Topshop

MOTO grey stripe hotpants from Topshop

MOTO striped hotpants

Blue grey rose turn up shorts from Miss Selfridge

From the bottoms of our hearts shorts from Modcloth
Heart hotpants from Topshop

Faded floral hotpant from Miss Selfridge


And of course, other unique prints! I love the striped ones the most, probably. So clean-cut. Definitely my favorite brand for shorts would be Topshop and Miss Selfridge!

hope you all enjoyed! And I wonder if you're wanting all of these as much as I do. Haha. <3

x

No comments:

Post a Comment