Tuesday, August 23, 2011

oh, this has gotta be the good life.


Hey guys. So second quarter is starting. Things aren't too heavy yet, but the project ideas and deadlines and brainstorming is kind of pressuring, so that'll be a concern for my blogging. But I'll try to post as much as I can. 
Anyway, I was flipping through an old magazine issue, and I came across this. It came from Metro's April 2010 issue. 
It's a 4-page spread of mix-and-match fashion. They get a certain item and accessorize the item to make it appropriate for certain events, times of the day. It's a really interesting idea:
pp. 104-105

There are four different outfits made for the item: day, night, corporate and travel.
For day, anything that's cool for the eyes under the sun. It needs to be comfortable and easy to walk in, because usually the day is when we relax and walk around, do errands, etc.
For the night, it's well, the typical night life. Partying, go out on dinners and family events, needing to look formal and dressed up.
For corporate, that's technically work. Business. The outfit needs to be appropriate for work, classic and the right style.
As for travel, the main element is comfort. That's really all you have to think about first: comfort. When travelling, you'll be walking around, and sitting down for long hours, waiting, shopping, sight-seeing, exploring... It needs to be stylish yet comfortable.

pp. 106-107

I'm thinking of doing something like this for my blog. Every week, I'll choose a random item from my closet, and accessorize to create four different outfits: for the day, for the night, for school (because I don't work in places like offices), for travel, and for church (because I go to church regularly, every Sunday, so I have to think up of appropriate outfits for that too).

So keep reading! I will post this in a few days (or less!). I'll have it up by this week. :)
I think I'll call it "That's the Key! (Fashion Mix)". Haha. Huzzah.

;)

No comments:

Post a Comment